The fifth day of Oath. This is our 1,849th day of operation and we’re thrilled to have the chance to celebrate with many of you on Saturday from 4-10PM.
Your primary goal for tomorrow is to have a good time. Enjoy the beer, the company of friends you’ve just met, and celebrate responsibly. For the last several years we’ve packed four figures worth of people into our parking lot and brewery successfully, so please keep our neighbors and the City of Naperville in mind when you’re deciding how hard to party or how to party hard. We would like to continue to have the option to celebrate big, so now it’s on you to conduct yourselves in a manor that your grandparents would be proud of. We trust that we’re all on the same page about this.
If you’re just finding out about this, see here for tickets.
Here’s what’s up:
- Have your tickets accessible so everyone can enter quickly. You should have received an email from EventSprout at the time of purchase. Also note that mobile will work, we operate just like the airport.
- The taproom will NOT be open to non-ticketed homeboys and homegirls before, during, or after the event. We will re-open Sunday, June 11. Anything left over–draft, cans, merch, high fives–will be available then. No guarantees on what’s left.
- You can park anywhere in the 1661 or 1665 Quincy complex. Overflow parking will be allowed across Brookshire Court if needed.
- Beer service will start exactly at 4PM, but we will allow entry thirty minutes early to cut down on your time in line.
- Cans purchased to go and growlers are not for consumption at Oath Day or in the parking lots around the brewery.
- Re-entry will be allowed so you can purchase merch, bottles, cans, growlers, etc. before the mad rush at the end of the session and stash them in your car.
- If you get close to a van please treat them better than you treat your own car.
- This transitions well into mentioning Solemn Oath’s very strict Don’t Be an Asshole Policy. Make new friends, hang with your buds, crush some beers, and please loudly celebrate with us. But, don’t be an asshole. We want to keep having these parties and rely on you to keep yourself and your friends you’re hanging with in check.
- Please respect our neighbors. Let’s not litter the surrounding neighborhood with wristbands and cans which happens every year. Help us keep the neighborhood in order and clean up after yourself like you did with your apartment the first time your future spouse came over. “What? Oh yes I’m always this organized.”
- Dudes, be gentlemen and get that toilet seat out of the line of fire and back in place when you’re done. This is a basic life thing, yet we somehow continue to fail.
- Credit card only for additional beer tokens, merchandise, cans, and growlers.
- Payment for food is at the discretion of vendors–plan for cash as well as card.
- Wear clothes you can be comfortably active in–for getting smoked by a padded swinging arm and for impressing your date on the mechanical alligator. This is your only chance to win their heart.
- One special item to mention is the release of the First Edition of the Solemn Oath Deck of Cards. We worked with the fine people of Bicycle Playing Cards to create this hand-illustrated craziness. It took us a year to slowly complete so keep an eye out in Merch.
- If you find yourself in need of a ride after your session, you can reach Naperville Taxi at 630-355-5959 or Naperville DuPage Taxi at 630-961-3232. Or get an Uber since it isn’t 1978.
- We assume the majority of you will be staying in tonight to stretch and carb load. This will give you time to sit and ponder your full day’s strategy on sun protection and water consumption. It will be the hottest Oath Day on record so stay hydrated.
Sound good? Tweet at us @solemnoathbeer with any questions today and we’ll be clearing things up there. If you don’t have any, suggested pre #oathday topics include “We all know the egg came first, right?” and “How could my grandfather possibly have afforded a home, a car, and supported a family of eight?” Hit us up if you need any help breaking down your life, we’ll be around all day.
The goal we have at Solemn Oath is simple. And maybe someday you will figure out what that goal really is. We’re going to change the world, probably. Enjoy.